The Safe Skipper's Pledge
- I will assist those in need, and report any boating accident in
which I'm involved.
- My boat will have USCG approved life jackets, of the
proper size, in good condition and readily accessible.
- I will operate in a safe and careful manner, never
recklessly, and never while under the influence.
- I will understand and follow the Rules of the Road.
- I will take a boating safety course.
- I will carry the proper equipment while underway,
always in good condition and always readily accessible.
- Navigation aids serve as the road signs of the
water. I will understand and obey them
- I will understand and follow the legal requirements for operating a
- I will remember to follow the rules of safe boating, whether I am
pulling skiers or tubers, skin diving, fishing or hunting.
- If my boat has a motor, I will register it with the Department of Motor Vehicles.
View the New York State Parks' Cold Weather Safe Boating Safe Boating public service announcement to see why it
is important to always wear a life jacket.
Windows Media Player
Cold Weather Safe Boating PSA Transcript (txt)
Please follow the links below to download these materials in either plugin
Windows Media Player | Apple QuickTime.