Hours of Operation
Park hours and facility operations are subject to change. Patrons are encouraged to contact the park directly to confirm operating hours before traveling.
The golf courses are open year round, weather permitting.
Clubhouse opens one hour before first tee time.
3/12-11/27: First tee off is sunrise.
Last tee off approximately 1 1/2 hours before sunset.
Winter golf hours: 11/28/11 - 3/02/12: 9 am - 3 pm, daily.
Closed Christmas and New Years day.
Driving Range: All year, weather permitting.
Pull Cart Rental: All year, rentals through the Pro Shop.
On the Boardwalk, bicycling is only permitted on the boardwalk weekdays prior to 9 AM between 5/15 and 9/14/10.
During 5/15-9/14, 6 am-9 am, permitted weekdays only.
Bicycling year-round, elsewhere in the park is permitted (in designated areas only)
- Cross Country Programs: Permit required for schools and organized groups. Insurance required for schools and groups. Please contact the Regional Permit Office at 631-669-1000.
- Cross Country Skiing: Available during winter season.
As conditions permit, not permitted on the golf courses. No rentals available.
*No sledding permitted in park.
Permit needed for night fishing.
- Golf Car Rentals: Year-round, conditions and weather permitting.
- Golf lessons available through the Pro Shop. Call Tee to Green for prices.
Call (631) 544-0036 for signups and schedule.
- Hiking: Available all year.
Nature trails, 3/4 mile boardwalk and Greenbelt Trail.
- Horseback Riding: Available all year on bridle trail only in Field 5. Not permitted in Picnic area or XC trails.
- Metal Detecting: Permit required, contact Regional Permit Office.
- Model Airplanes: Permit required (1/2 yr.) off season in field 2 only. Contact Regional Permit Office.
- Open year round, sunrise to sunset.
- Orienteering: Permit required. Contact Regional Permit Office.
- Picnicking: Available all year, field 4 has picnic area tables and grills.
- Playgrounds, playfields, softball fields, soccer fields, basketball courts: Open all year.
Organized groups need a permit.
Field 1 Softball Flds by permit only, Mon. to Fri. Leagues.
- Recreation Programs: Include races, golf tournaments, model airplane shows and cross country running programs: major meets and children's programs.
- Stargazing: Permit required, purchase at the park office.
5/26 - 6/22, 10 am - 6 pm, daily.
6/23 - 9/3: 9 am - 7 pm, daily.
9/4 - 9/9: 10 am - 6 pm, daily.
9/15-9/16: 10 am - 6 pm.
- Windsurfing, Kayak & Canoe Launching: Available year-round.
Fld. 3 only when the park is open. Must get parking pass for fld 3 at park office when field is closed.