Converted from a 1920's summer home in the town of Patterson, Wonder Lake is a hiker's delight of 8.6 miles of marked trails. Walk on what were historically bridle trails around scenic Wonder Lake in this 1133 acre area. Get in touch with nature around the 3-acre Laurel Pond.
Take the Highlands Trail, a trail established in NJ and in NY west of the Hudson River that is expanding to eventually traverse 4 states – Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and Connecticut. Experience the first segment in Putnam County. When completed, the Highlands Trail in NY and NJ will extend over 200 miles from the Connecticut border to the Delaware River. The route will connect major scenic attractions in both states.
Whether you enjoy hiking, fishing, birding or hunting, Wonder Lake has it all.
Don't miss these popular destinations and attractions within or near the park –
- Atlantic Kayak Tours: Offering different kayak tours and instructional programs
- Appalachian Trail: A portion of the AT runs through Fahnestock and Hudson Highlands State Parks
- Canopus Beach: A large sandy beach offering swimming, boating and picnic areas
- Martin Huge McGuire Hemlock-Northern Hardwood Area: A newly dedicated area of the Bird Conservation Area, located in the campground.
- Hudson Highlands State Park: Home of the consistently #1 rated Trail in America, the Breakneck Ridge Trail.