Hours of Operation
Park hours and facility operations are subject to change. Patrons are encouraged to contact the park directly to confirm operating hours before traveling.
- Park is open daily, sunrise to sunset.
- Swimming: Canopus Beach
Weekends only 5/23 - 6/14
Daily 6/20 - 9/7
Hours: 10 am - 6 pm
- 2015 Camping Season: 4/17 - 12/12
Group camp available
- Boating: Season permit/Weekly permit available
5/23 - 6/14, weekends only;
- Day Use Activities: Seasonal.
Nature Center, hiking, Mtn. biking, fishing, equestrian trails, XC skiing and showshoeing.
- Food Service: At beach during swimming season and Winter Park.
- Hunting - In season both deer (bow only) and spring turkey (shotgun only) hunting are permitted in designated areas.
NYS hunting permits, as well as a Park Permit, are required.
Please call the Park Office for more details.
*Archery permits are available. The season runs from October 1st thru December 18th and the number of permits given out is unlimited. Shotgun and crossbow permits are available October 16th and is limited to a maximum of 200 permits. The shotgun and crossbow season will run from November 16th thru December 8th. Please come to the park office to obtain hunting permits and maps, or call (845) 225-7207 with any questions. The park office located at 1498 Rte 301 Carmel, NY 10512.
- Picnicking: Available year-round.
Picnic Pavilion: Available year-round.
- Winter Park: 11/30-3/20, weather permitting
Weekdays: 10 am - 4:30 pm.; Weekends: 9 am - 4:30 pm.
Ski rentals, tube rentals, snow shoes, baby sled and ski lessons available.