Hours of Operation
Park hours and facility operations are subject to change. Patrons are encouraged to contact the park directly to confirm operating hours before traveling.
- The park is open from dawn to dusk, closing at dark, year round.
The park office is open 7 am - 5 pm.
Vehicle entry fee collected from May to mid-October.
- 2015 Swimming Season: 6/20 - 9/7, 11 am-7 pm
Swimming dates and hours are subject to change. Visitors are strongly encouraged to contact the park office before your visit to confirm swimming is open.
- 2015 Camping Season (Campsites & Cabins): May 1 - October 11
*Please note: On the camping map, sites 75 & 76 are now cabins.
*Group camping is available.
Stony Brook's Camping Office can be reached by calling: (585) 335-5530
*Please note within the camping season time frame, some loops/sites may open later or close earlier. For more details, please call the park at 585-335-5530 or visit http://www.newyorkstateparks.reserveamerica.com.
- Trails: All trails at Stony Brook - the east and west rim trails and the gorge trail - are open for the season.
*The open status of the trails is weather dependent. We strongly reccomend contacting the park office before your visit by calling: 585-335-8111.
- Bow hunting for deer is permitted during season.
- Concession Stand: Open 5/18 -9/6, 12pm – 6pm
- Shelters/Pavilions: Available May - October.