The Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation (OPRHP) operates camping areas in New York's state parks. Through the
New York State Camping Reservation System, you may reserve space which will guarantee accommodations at any state camping
area. Internet reservations can be made at newyorkstateparks.reserveamerica.com
and phone reservations can be made by calling 1-800-456-CAMP (TTY:1-800-304-1265). While reservations are not required, they
are highly recommended. You can also rent any available campsite, cabin or cottage as a "walkup" on a first-come, first-serve basis
when you arrive ready to camp. Services, programs and facilities vary among campgrounds. Contact the park for current
Things you should know before you leave...
- An adult, at least 18 years of age, (or 21) must be the permit holder and occupy the site for the full permit period.
- Sites allow for no more than 6 people per site and 2 vehicles. A valid camping permit must be visible on all vehicles.
- Check-in is at 3pm and check-out is by 11am. Occupants must register when they arrive.
- Each site allows for either two (2) tents OR one (1) unit of hard wheeled camping equipment + one (1) tent.
- If your campground allows pets please be respectful. Only 2 pets per site are permitted. Your pet must be kept on a leash at all times and the leash can be no
longer than 6ft. Don't leave pets unattended and always pick up after them. Rabies certificate is required.
- Firewood – Help protect our campgrounds and stop the spread of tree pests. If you bring firewood, burn all
of it before leaving your campsite or purchase your wood at the campground or local sources. For more information;
- Alcoholic Beverages - While alcoholic beverages are allowed in most NYS campgrounds without a permit, it is the responsibility of each
camping party to comply with all laws and regulations. Stony Brook State Park,
Wildwood State Park and Beaver Pond Campground
restrict the use of alcohol and require a permit.
- Upon discovering that a campsite or cabin occupant is a registered Level 2 or Level 3 sex offender, the Office is authorized
to direct the occupant to leave the campground and may revoke the camping permit.
Things you should know when you get there...
- Please do not injure the trees. No nails, screws, ropes or lines are permitted to be tied or inserted into trees, shrubs
or other structures.
- Quiet Hours: Your group must be quiet enough not to disturb your closest neighbor from 10 pm to 7am.
- Generator Hours are 9am to 11am and 5pm to 9pm. If the use of a generator is deemed unreasonably loud by the facility staff, an
individual's use of the generator may be limited and/or prohibited.
- Fires must be contained in designated areas and always supervised by an adult.
- Wash dishes at your campsite or in designated areas only. Dispose of gray water in designated areas. Water fountains are for
- Please keep the campground clean by keeping your campsite clean! Picnic tables and receptacle (if provided) must remain on
site where you find them. Rubbish must be placed in trash bags and placed in proper receptacles. Excessive trash on
campsites/cabins may result in fees charged to the permit holder.
- Help keep the campground safe for everyone. Report any accidents/incidents immediately to park staff.
Please keep in mind that each campground may have its own specific rules in
addition to the above.
To cancel a reservation 2 days or more prior to your scheduled arrival, contact Reserve America's Customer Service at
1-800-456-2267. Internet reservations may also be cancelled on-line at newyorkstateparks.reserveamerica.com.
To cancel a reservation within 1 day of your arrival you must call the campground.
If you cancel your reservation you will be assessed fees. It's important to know the closer to your arrival date you cancel, the
less money you will receive back as a refund.
- Cancelling 8 days or more prior to arrival. Fees retained are: Reservation fee $9.00 + Cancellation Fee $9.00
- Cancelling 7 days or less prior to arrival. Fees retained are: Reservation fee $9.00 + Cancellation Fee $9.00 + the cost of the
first nights stay (this amount varies based on the cost of your site).
Changes or Transfers
- Changes can be made from 9 months to 1 day prior to first day of arrival. Any modification to an existing reservation prior
to arrival is subject to a $9 change fee.
- All fees are retained if you fail to arrive and do not inform the park of a cancellation in advance.