2014 Empire Passport On Sale Now
Your key to all-season enjoyment at New York State parks is the Empire Passport, an annual pass providing unlimited day use
vehicle entry to most of New York's State parks and recreational facilities for just $65!
Enjoy the forests, the seashore, the lakefronts in your state parks... every day if you like, through all of New York State's
beautiful seasons. Walk, picnic, bike... bring as many friends as your car holds! The Passport provides access to 179 state parks,
55 Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) forest preserve areas, as well as to boat launch sites, arboretums and park
preserves. See where the Empire Passport is Accepted.
Available for only $65*, the 2014 Passport is accepted now through March 31, 2015. (*A discount of $3 per passport will automatically be applied to the purchase of 25 or more Empire Passports. Orders of 50 or more will be discounted by $6 per Empire Passport. Orders of 100 or more will be discounted by $10 per Empire Passport.)
Choose the purchase method most convenient for you!
Multi-Year Empire Passport
Frequent Empire Passport purchasers may be interested in a multiple year Empire Passport which is available for sale exclusively
by mail or telephone through our Albany Office. A 3-year Empire Passport may be purchased for $179; a 5-year Empire Passport may be
purchased for $298.
If you purchased a multi-year Empire Passport and need to update your address, please complete our Change of Address form.
Empire Passport Guidelines
All applications are processed first come, first served.
Empire Passports are non-refundable!
Empire Passport Frequently Asked Questions
Is it too late to buy an Empire Passport?
- No, for your convenience Empire Passports are sold all year.
When does the Empire Passport expire?
- Empire Passports expire March 31st of the following year or as printed on the decal
Is this a 4x4 or fishing permit?
- No, 4x4 and fishing permits are exclusive to the Long Island Region. Information is available at Long Island Permits or at 631-669-1000 ext. 223 during
ordinary business hours.
I have a leased vehicle, how do I use the Empire Passport?
- Empire Passports are non-transferable and must be permanently affixed to be valid. The best option for a leased vehicle is to follow the replacement procedure outlined in the Guidelines for Use.
I'm selling my car, how do I get a new Empire Passport?
- You should follow the replacement procedure as outlined in the Guidelines for Use.
I don't have a car, how do I use the Empire Passport?
- The Empire Passport is only valid when permanently affixed to a vehicle. If you usually go with someone that drives you may place it on their car to still enjoy the benefits of the Empire Passport.
I have tinted windows; can I put the Empire Passport on my windshield?
- No, NYS Motor Vehicle Law prevents the Empire Passport from being affixed to the windshield. The Empire Passport can be seen through factory tint. If you have after-market tint, you may choose
to scrape off a portion of the tint the size of the decal and put your decals in that place from year to year.
Patriot Plan Benefit
What: Pursuant to Executive Order 125 and in recognition of their commitment and sacrifices while in service, a member
of the New York State Militia or any branch of the New York State National Guard or military reserves who is currently
serving on active duty in support of the war on terrorism is eligible for one free Empire Passport for use by his or her
immediate family during deployment and/or for his or her own use when returning home.
How: Complete an ordinary Empire Passport application, attach a copy of the orders
(showing authorization/purpose/type duty code) calling the soldier to this active duty and mail it to Empire Passport,
Albany, NY 12238 or fax it to 518-486-7378 attn: Empire Passport. Once approved, a free Empire Passport will be mailed.
Applications are available online, by mail or at any New York State park.
Note: Annual reapplication, including submission of orders, is necessary as long as
this program is offered.